Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gluten-Free with Zojirushi

E had another rough night.  I'm really starting to wonder if this kid is a celiac ...

I mentioned to my husband that I was thinking I would need to sell my bread machine and buy one with a "Gluten-Free" cycle.  Fortunately, homework came to my (and my Zojirushi's) rescue:  apparently, this is the #1 breadmaker favored by most celiacs (on account of it's three programmable "homemade" cycles). 

I was even more encouraged when I visited the manufacturer's website:
 
The Home Bakery Supreme® breadmaker (BB-CEC20 and BBCC-X20) comes with a gluten-free bread recipe, and more can be found on our Recipes Page. The recipes may be adapted to other models of our bread makers. The internet is also a good source for gluten-free recipes as well as other bread recipe books.

(Please use the Basic course when baking gluten-free breads. A softer gluten-free bread may also be made by programming the following suggested cycle times in the Home Made course: Preheat 15 minutes, Knead 25 minutes, turn OFF Rise 1 and Rise 2, Rise 3 55 minutes, and Bake 55 minutes. Keep Warm optional.)


Now to start experimenting ...

No comments:

Post a Comment